This Excel test can help you filter out people who claim to be advanced Excel users.
1. What’s the keyboard shortcut for adding a worksheet?
Answer = Shift + F11
2. What does VBA stand for?
a. Visual Beginners Access
b. Virtual Bytes for Applications
c. Visual Basic for Applications
d. Virtual Binary Applications
Answer = C
3. What formula allows for random numbers to be generated?
Answer = rand() or randbetween()
4. What’s the keyboard shortcut for selecting all cells on a worksheet?
Answer = Control + A
5. Which of these functions won’t work in Excel 2003?
Answer = b
6. A client sent through data which has over 70,000 rows. What problem stops Excel 2003 being of use to analyse the data?
Answer = Excel 2003 allows for only 65,536 rows so the file will not fully load
7. What does the xlsm file extension indicate?
Answer = An Excel 2007 or 2010 file which contains a macro
8. Which of these is not a valid date format (i.e. is not numeric)
c. 2nd Nov 1982
d. Nov 2 1982
e. 02 November 1982
Answer = c and d
9. What function can be used to find and replace with a cell?
Answer = substitute()
10. What does an argument in [square] brackets indicate?
Answer = The argument is optional and can be omitted